Ethnic youth are the fastest growing demographic segment in the US, UK and other Western European markets. They are also not only more likely to own a smartphone but also active users of advances smartphone features like video calling, mobile shopping and mobile payments. Mobile brands need to pay attention to this key youth demographic who are rapidly adopting new technology and shaping the future of mobile behavior. This briefing answers the following questions relevant to mobile and ethnic youth:
1. How big is the ethnic youth market?
2. Why are ethnic youth more active users of mobile technology than other demographics?
3. How should mobile brands market to ethnic youth?
4. What are smartphone brand preferences among ethnic youth in the US and UK?
5. How can brands co-create with ethnic early adopters through hackathons?
30 pages PDF. You will receive an email with a link to download the file upon purchase.
2. Licensing and Copyrights
3. In this briefing
4. Executive Summary
5. Executive Summary (Contd.)
6. Executive Summary (Contd.)
7. Section 1: How big is the ethnic youth market?
8. Ethnic youth population in the U.S will more than double by 2050
9. Ethnic population in advanced markets skews younger
10. In-bound immigration will boost ethnic youth population in global markets
11. Section 2. Why are ethnic youth more active users of mobile technology than other demographics?
12. Ethnic youth are more likely to own smartphones
13. Ethnic youth are active users of smartphone features compared to non-ethnic youth
14. Muve Music by Cricket Case Study: Removes payment barrier for ethnic teenagers to access music
15. Ethnic youth are active mobile app users across all app categories
16. Section 3. How should mobile brands market to ethnic youth?
17. Ethnic youth prefer language specific mobile content for entertainment and educational products
18. Ethnic youth prefer their native languages for daily use but are indifferent to language used in marketing
19. Ethnic and non-ethnic youth are most influenced by offline word of mouth recommendations
20. Ethnic and non-ethnic youth have similar personal values and aspirations
21. Section 4. What are smartphone brand preferences among ethnic youth in the US and UK?
22. Ethnic youth show show marked affinity towards specific mobile OS
23. Ethnic youth display strong preference towards specific mobile handset brands
24. Section 5. How can brands co-create with ethnic early adopters through hackathons?
25. Ethnic youth are active mobile video consumers
26. Ethnic youth are early adopters of mobile payment services
27. Ethnic youth are more likely to use mobile phones while shopping
28. Hackathons for Ethnic Youth Case Study: Provide access to technology and skill development
29. AT&T Hackathon Case Study: Provide platforms to connect youth around their passions & interests
30. Need more insights and data?