The handset market in recent years has been flooded with cheap models of smartphones by large global brands like RIM and smaller local brands like Micromax in India. Does this approach of cheap handset models help the brand win the youth market? What do youth look for when they make a handset purchase decision? How can brands retain their young customers when their contract expires or when they plan to upgrade to a better model? This briefing answers the following key questions relevant to youth handset purchase decision:
1. What factors do youth consider when making a handset purchase decision?
2. What affects youth handset brand loyalty - price or features or experience?
3. When does price become a factor in youth handset purchase decision?
4. How can marketing drive handset purchase and loyalty?
24 pages PDF. You will receive an email with a link to download the file upon purchase.
2. Licensing and Copyrights
3. In this briefing
4. Executive Summary
5. Executive Summary (Contd.)
6. Section1. What factors do youth consider when making a handset purchase decision?
7. Youth are no longer first time users of smartphones
8. Youth smartphone purchase decisions are based on experience with their current smartphone
9. Youth are not brand conscious when it comes to smartphone purchase decisions
10. Section 2. What affects youth handset brand loyalty - price or features or experience?
11. Apple’s iPhone boasts the most loyal youth customers
12. Young customers switch brands because of negative experience with products, not high prices
13. Positive experience depends on device quality and customer service, not price and features
14. Apple Stores Case Study: Positive experience is great products and reliable customer support
15. Section 3. When does price become a factor in youth handset purchase decision?
16. Youth in emerging markets are more price conscious than youth in advanced markets
17. Emerging markets have the highest incidence of dual handset ownership among youth
18. 75% of the secondary handsets are feature phones
19. Price is a key factor when youth purchase a secondary handset
20. Section 4. How can marketing drive handset purchase and loyalty?
21. Word-of-mouth drives youth mobile handset purchase
22. High NPS score correlates with youth intention to purchase smartphone
23. High NPS score correlates with customer loyalty to smartphones
24. Need more insights and data?