The teen demographic is the fastest growing smartphone market in the world. However , we know little about how teens use smartphones and what they want from their smartphones. What smartphone brands do teens prefer? Is brand even important to teenagers? Teen smartphone usage is not only different from adult usage but the role of teen girls is key in driving the overall teen market growth. This briefing answers the following questions relevant to mobile and teens:
1. When, where, how and why do teens use their smartphones?
2. What are new smartphone trends driven by teens
3. What smartphone brands do teen own and which ones do they prefer?
4. How can mobile brands reach out to teens and win the teen market?
24 pages PDF. You will receive an email with a link to download the file upon purchase.
2. Licensing and Copyrights
3. In this briefing
4. Executive Summary
5. Executive Summary (Contd.)
6. Section1. When, where, how and why do teens use their smartphones?
7. The biggest increase in global smartphone ownership for 2012 is among teenagers
8. Teens substitute gaming consoles, MP3 devices and cameras with smartphones
9. Teens use smartphones when they are alone to connect with their peers
10. Smartphones enable teens to take risks and connect with strangers
11. Teens use smartphones to circumvent parental authority
12. Teens migrate their online activities from PC to smartphone to create parent-free spaces
13. Section 2. What are new smartphone trends driven by teens?
14. Teens lead in usage of a smartphone’s social features like social networking, instant messaging and video chat
15. Teenage girls lead smartphone usage of social features like instant messaging, Instagram and video chat
16. Section 3. What smartphone brands do teen own and which ones do they prefer?
17. Teens are more likely to own BlackBerry smartphones
18. Teens prefer owning Apple’s iPhone over all other smartphone brand
19. Majority of teens own second hand smartphones handed down by their parents or siblings
20. Section 4. How can mobile brands reach out to teens and win the teen market?
21. Peer recommendation drives mobile handset purchase
22. Good experience with handset depends on device quality and customer service, not price and features
23. Apple Stores Case Study: Apple provides excellent customer service via Genius Bar at every retail store
24. Need more insights and data?